Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't let the sweetened condensed milk throw you - it might seem like an odd ingredient for a pasta salad but it is delicious. I got this recipe from a church published cookbook so it is a tried and true recipe. Feel free to adjust the veggies or even add meat (diced ham, bacon, etc.) to make it a little heartier.
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta, cooked (or any type of noodle, your choice)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 grated carrots
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded or diced
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the hot pasta.
- Cool, then add the rest of the ingredients, adding the cheese last.
- Chill for a few hours.
I love this! I have been looking for a sweet pasta salad recipe like the one I made years ago when I worked at a nursing home. Horray! You posted one here! This is wonderful!! Thank you!!