Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very easy, very delicious kugel. I have no idea where I found this recipe, but I've been making it for years.
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup melted pareve margarine
- 4 gala apples
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 extra large eggs
- Grease a 9"x13" glass baking dish and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the box. Cook the noodles only to the al dente stage.
- Drain them, return them to the cooking pot and add the melted margarine. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Peel the apples, cut them in quarters, remove the core and seeds and slice the apples into the noodles. Add the raisins, cinnamon, sugar, honey and salt. Mix well.
- Gently beat the eggs together and mix into the noodle mixture.
- Pour into the greased pan. Cut a piece of aluminum foil and spray one side with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the kugel tightly and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
Very Light Kugel- love the apples. The directions call for mixing in pineapple but there wasnt any pineapple in the ingredients. I think the kugel will be better and more moist with the added pineapple. I had 2 large helpings but my dh didnt care for this. Thanks Chef 277790. I will try this again