Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
It's sweet and healthy! Low fat! Guilt-Free! What a great companion!
- 236.59 ml plain flour (wholemeal)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 295.73 ml medium oatmeal
- 295.73 ml natural bran
- 50 g low-sodium margarine
- 29.58 ml Natvia or 29.58 ml other artificial sweetener
- 1 egg
- 59.16 ml low-fat milk (optional)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Add the oatmeal, bran and mix well to combine.
- Cream together the margarine, Natvia and egg, beat well allowing plenty of air through the mixture.
- Add the margarine mixture to the flour mixture and rub the ingredients together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add 3 tablespoons milk and stir in well so the mixture forms a soft dough. If the mixture is a little dry, add the remaining 1 tablespoon milk.
- Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and shape it into a log about 25cm long. Wrap the plastic around the dough and roll it gently back and forwards to make a smooth shape. Twist the ends of the plastic together to seal. Chill the dough for about 30 minutes. It can be kept for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree. Unwrap the dough and, using a very sharp knife, cut it across into slices 1cm thick. Use greaseproof paper to line a baking tray and place the dough slices on it. Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. They can be kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days.