Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
You really can't go wrong with this recipe. Easy to throw together and the gravy is TO DIE FOR. Got this recipe from Taste of Homes Light and Tasty Magazine Dec/Jan '05.
- Place roast in 5 qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the water, ketchup, wine or broth, gravy mix, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened.
- Remove meat from slow cooker.
- Slice and serve with gravy.
One of the best chuck roasts I've ever made!!! The flavors were perfect together. The meat cut with a fork. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing! Thanx for posting this!
YUMMY !!! This made the house smell so good . It made great gravy , it was NOT sweet as you might think , with all of that ketchup . I added some carrots to the bottom of my crockpot to go along with the roast ! I will be using this recipe again ! Perfect !!
I didn't like this much at all. My husband sort of liked it more then me, but not enough for me to make it again. I did run out of ketchup, so had to use a bit of chili sauce to make up for it, which may have adjusted the taste a bit, but I don't think it was enough to make a difference. It was weird tangy, and not enough sweet, so it tasted kind of funny, and not in a great way. We ate half of it and threw the rest away.