Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taste of home recipe.
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place carrots in large saucepan; sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Return carrots to the pan; add brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Easy as 1-2-3! These are a nice quick side dish to any meal. The only thing I'd change is to cut the dressing in half. Plus fix the dressing in the pan as the carrots are draining, then add the carrots iback into the pan. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup (July '10-Dec '10)
Fantastic carrots! Sweet (but not too sweet) and tangy; great flavor combination. Instead of 2 tbsp of parsley, I used 1 tbsp parsley and 1 tbsp chopped tarragon....super! I'll make carrots this way again. Thanx for posting the recipe.