1/2 Photos of Sweet -N-Tangy Barbecue Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
The only barbecue sauce I use, for everything from shredded pork loin or ribs to thin sliced ham sandwiches or shredded beef. Often served with chilled potato salad & fresh homemade dinner rolls to mop up the sauce (if not using the meat in a sandwich already).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- 3*For ribs: Boil ribs with some salt & pepper and a quartered onion until tender. Then drain and place on broiler pan. Baste with sauce, broil 5 minutes, turn ribs over and baste other side. Broil 5 minutes longer. Serve.
- 4*For shredded pork sandwiches: Put sauce and pork loin in crock pot on low for 5-6 hours or until pork begins to shred itself when poked with a fork.
- 5*For barbecue ham sandwiches: Put sauce and thin, deli sliced ham torn into 2 inch pieces into crock pot and heat on low for 2 hours or until hot.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet -N-Tangy Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 987.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g