Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Interesting take on steaks. Haven't tried it as yet. From mealsfor you.com. The good thing about this recipe is that it doesn't have to be marinated ahead of time. Serve with baked potatoes, green salad, warm crusty bread and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1⁄2 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish (optional)
- 4 top blade boneless beef chuck steaks, well-trimmed, cut 1-inch thick
- In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients plus chives and mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup sauce.
- Place beef steaks on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill uncovered 18-22 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing both sides with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Grill longer for desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve steaks with reserved sauce.