Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This amazing dish uses carrot juice to make the sauce! I was skeptical at first, until I tried it. I'm a new convert. Who knew that carrot juice could make such a great dish? Adapted from a recipe by Ming Tsai
- 12 large peeled and cooked shrimp
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 quarts carrot juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers or 1⁄2 teaspoon jalapeno
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Pour carrot juice into a non-reactive pan and bring to a simmer over *low* heat.
- Simmer for 40 minutes, then check. The juice should have mostly evaporated, leaving a sweet residue.
- Scoop out the carrot residue with a rubber spatula.
- In a blender, mix the carrot residue, chipotle (or jalapenos), and oil together. Sauce will last for 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Put the cooked shrimp and pineapple on a pile of rice, and drizzle your carrot sauce all over it.
- Toss the chives on top.