Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sausage links cooked in hot pepper jelly. Makes a great side for breakfast or brunch or even an appetizer. From Southern Living Magazine
- 2 (12 ounce) packages pork sausage links
- 1 (10 ounce) jar hot pepper jelly
- Cook sausage in two batches, in a large skillet according to package directions. Drain on paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean; spoon pepper jelly into skillet and cook stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Return sausage to the skillet and cook, gently stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly heated and coated.
My family really enjoyed these little gems. The first batch I only had 6 ounces of jelly so I used that and 4 ounces of garlic jelly. The second batch I used just hot pepper jelly. It was good but we missed the garlic. Next time I will use the hot pepper jellly, but saute some crushed garlic when cooking the sausage. A simple recipe that cam be made ahead and rewarm when needed. Thanks!