Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are broiled, nicely spiced, and always a big hit. They're quick to prepare also, and work as well for a family dinner as they do for company. I usually make some type of green beans (if I'm really in a hurry I get a can of Del Monte seasoned green beans), and some type of potatoes, but mac n cheese works too. Also, kids love these.
- 6 center-cut pork chops (or the type you prefer, thickness is up to you)
- ground black pepper
- granulated garlic
- brown sugar, for each chop (I use light, but dark will work)
- salt (optional)
- Line large broiler pan with foil (if not using heavy duty foil. line it twice, makes for easy clean up) Also. you just need the bottom of the pan, not the rack.
- Place chops in pan, and season heavily with, pepper, and garlic (and note I mean HEAVY). Lightly salt, if desired. Then top with about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Place under broiler, (if using gas - use 2nd from top slot, if electric, either 2nd from top, or 3rd). If chops are really thick, for gas broiler, put on bottom slot.
- Cook about 10 - 15 minutes, until sugar is bubbly and turning quite dark. The dark color is mostly just the sugar getting brown, not the meat.
- Turn chops, then repeat with spices and sugar (yes another 2 tablespoons), and cook another 10 or 15 minutes, till done. Just keep watching them to make sure they don't burn, but remember the sugar is going to bubble and get dark, so account for that--just make sure pork is cooked totally through (or to the doneness you prefer). Cooking time is of course going to vary based on how thick your chops are.
- Hope you enjoy.
EXCELLENT! I made it last night and the chops were moist and delicious! I broiled mine on the 2nd rack down. 10 minutes the 1st side and only 6 minutes on the other! And, I would agree with another poster that the more brown sugar, the better! I did 2 packed tablespoons on the 1st side an I did about 2.5-3 packed tablespoons on the other side. It was great but I think next time I'll do at least 3T each side. GREAT RECIPE!
I've made this twice the first time we LOVED it so I made it again tonight, but we didn't love it tonight. I only used 2 tbls of Brown Sugar this time and I think last time I must of added a little more. I couldn't tell if it was 2 per chop or 2 per total of chops. Last time whatever I did was right so if that would be made clearer for fools like me it would be perfect. :) Thank you!
Ohhhh, these chops are indeed out of this world good!!! Both my DH and I relished every bite. We ladled the sauce over our chops on the plate so that we could actually dip each bite with sauce. I used pork tenderloin chops and so they were a little less tender than I would prefer. Next time if I use the same cut I will cook them for a little less time so that they will be a little more tender. I cooked mine 10 minutes each side. And YES there will be a next time!! These are fabulous...and as the chef states don't skip on the spices and the brown sugar! Made for PAC Fall 2009. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0