Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is blissful: sweet apricot preserves with gooey pepper jack and creamy goat cheese. Eat with a good green salad to make yourself feel better. Cut into squares or quarters and serve as an appetizer. Amounts of toppings are just estimates--use as much cheese as your conscience calls for.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Make an assembly line! For each sandwich:
- Smear one slice of bread quite liberally on one side with 1/4 of the apricot preserves.
- Top this with one slice (or equivalent) of quality pepper jack cheese,
- then add 1/4 of the goat cheese (*about* 2 oz), and cap with a slice of bread.
- Heat 1-2 TB of butter in a wide shallow skillet while you finish assembling sandwiches.
- Fry each sandwich on both sides, flipping just once, until golden. Don't worry about getting all of the cheese to melt!
- Once golden, move the sandwiches to your prepared baking sheet and place it in your preheated oven.
- Bake the sandwiches, flipping once, for 5-10 minutes, or until the center is gooey and divine.
Yummy sandwich! I didn't need to bake it at the end, the cheese was nice and gooey with frying it a little longer. Thanks!