Just Garlic's Note:
This is blissful: sweet apricot preserves with gooey pepper jack and creamy goat cheese. Eat with a good green salad to make yourself feel better. Cut into squares or quarters and serve as an appetizer. Amounts of toppings are just estimates--use as much cheese as your conscience calls for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with oil.
- 2Make an assembly line! For each sandwich:
- 3Smear one slice of bread quite liberally on one side with 1/4 of the apricot preserves.
- 4Top this with one slice (or equivalent) of quality pepper jack cheese,
- 5then add 1/4 of the goat cheese (*about* 2 oz), and cap with a slice of bread.
- 6Heat 1-2 TB of butter in a wide shallow skillet while you finish assembling sandwiches.
- 7Fry each sandwich on both sides, flipping just once, until golden. Don't worry about getting all of the cheese to melt!
- 8Once golden, move the sandwiches to your prepared baking sheet and place it in your preheated oven.
- 9Bake the sandwiches, flipping once, for 5-10 minutes, or until the center is gooey and divine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet 'n Spicy Grilled (Goat) Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.3
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 1140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 34.4 g