Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Huey's Cooking Adventures. Times are estimated but to be honest I would be cutting the honey back to about 2 tablespoons from a 1/2 cup due to diabetic reasons but otherwise happy witht he recipe, he posted as a kids like recipe so servings are for 4-6 kids but I would say 3-4 adults Serve just the drumsticks as an appertizer or at a picnic could be good too.
- 1 cup hoisin sauce (or sweet chilli)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 -20 snow peas (topped and tailed)
- 2 -3 spring onions (scallions finely sliced on diagonal) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix together hoisin, soy, honey, ginger and garlic and add the chicken drumsticks and toss well to coat.
- Put a sheet of baking paper/parchment onto 1 ot 2 baking trays and place drumsticks on top (in one layer).
- Spoon a little sauce over the top of each drumstick/leg and cook in oven for about 20 to 30 minutes until cooked through, turning once.
- Heat oil in a wok (or large non stick frying pan) and briefly toss snowpeas until tender.
- To serve, mound snowpeas on individual plates and top with chicken, cooking juices and spring onion.
Such a simple and easy recipe to make.
Not too spicy at all, the only thing I would change next time, (and not the recipe's fault at all) is that I used gluten free soy sauce, and it was very salty, so I think I will need to find a GF sauce that is less salty or better still salt free, although the salt had no negative outcome on the taste of the chicken, the chicken was fantastic!
Thanks Pat, for a great recipe I will use again.
Yummy and so easy! I didn't get the spicy part of the recipe but my kids are good with that! I would make these again but broil them after them are done cooking to crisp up the skin. I just didn't have time! Made for Everyday's a Holiday. Thanks I'mPat! :)
Good and sticky. I used 6 legs, but kept the rest the same to have enough sauce for rice. Made for Make My Recipe.