1/3 Photos of Sweet N' Spicy Chicken Wings
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
We love to snack on chicken wings and this fruity version - using dried mango - is really good! Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings, plump (make sure they're halved)
- 1 cup strong black tea (I left the tea bag in for 10 minutes)
- 4 ounces dried mango
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh ginger, peeled weight (a 2 inch knob, approximately)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you like a lot of spice, add more)
- 1Rehydrate dried mango by placing the pieces in a small bowl with the hot tea and leave until tea has cooled completely.
- 2Combine all marinade ingredients (including mango and tea) in a mini-processor and blend to make a fairly-smooth puree (it will not be completely smooth).
- 3Put chicken wings in a large ziploc bag and add marinade. Seal bag and massage marinade into chiciken wings. Refrigerate wings 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before baking.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F Empty chicken wings into a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, turning over after 1 hour and basting with marinade.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N' Spicy Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1131.3
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 349.5 mg
- Sodium 2274.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 87.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: