Recipe by Sydney Mike
Although this recipe comes from Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009, I made a minor change or two!
Top Review by teresas
What delicious and unusual flavors. The sweetness really works with the spiciness in this dish. I did break down and used a mild salsa, against my will because I really like hot foods. So instead I had half a jalapeno left from another recipe so diced it up and threw it in. Just added enough heat to make me happy. I do think too much would take away from the overall flavor. Because it had so much Mexican flavor I topped it off with a sprinkling of cilantro. I could see adding in some chopped green of red peppers and maybe chunks of onion. Excellent! Thanks for posting. :)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, large, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa, chunky, mild
- 3⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 4 -5 cups brown rice, cooked & hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag along with the cubes of chicken, tossing to coat!
- Heat oil in a large skillet & brown chicken until no longer pink, about 12-15 minutes.
- Combine salsa & preserves & stir the mixture into the skillet with the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with rice.