Recipe by AmyJones218
I got this recipe from a friend of mine, and it is very good. My 21 month old loves it!
- 3 lbs roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup bottled sweet and sour sauce
- 3⁄4 cup bottled hot barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a 12-inch skillet, cook and stir garlic in 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to a medium mixing bowl. Sir sweet-and sour sauce and barbecue sauce into garlic in bowl; set sauce mixture aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; add chicken pieces. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Add more oil, if necessary. Reduce heat; cover tightly. Cook for 25 minutes. Uncover; pour sauce mixture over chicken. Bring to boilng over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks), spooning sauce over chicken occasionally. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Stir sauce and spoon over chicken.