Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oven roasted chicken pieces in a sweet and spicy sauce.
- 1 roasting chicken, quartered
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup fruit chutney
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (medium or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken pieces in open casserole dish.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together.
- pour sauce over chicken pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg celsius/350 Fahrenheit.
- Bake casserole in oven for +- 50 min check to make sure sauce is well browned but not burning.
- Serve with Basmati Rice or Couscous and your favourite vegetables or a fresh salad.
- Notes: Divide chicken into 8 portions if required.
- Skinless chicken breast fillets may be substituted.
This was magnificent! My family does not always agree on what we like, but everyone liked this one! It was super easy to make, incredible flavor and the chicken was so wonderfully tender. I served this with couscous and topped with pinenuts and could not be happier! The only slight change I made was used a little less honey than called for, since we dont like things too sweet. A personal preference, that I was happy with. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe and I plan to add it to my favorites cookbook. Pac-Fall07