Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so very tasty, nobody will notice they're lowcarb! I love 'em, and the hubby does, too. They're very simple to make, but full of flavor.
- 396.89 g can black soybeans, drained
- 59.14-118.29 ml of your favorite spicy salsa, to taste
- 4.92 ml chopped pickled jalapeno pepper (optional)
- cayenne, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil or 14.79 ml cilantro, your preference
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 3 packet Splenda sugar substitute
- cornstarch or arrowroot (small amount of heat-activated thickener) (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium to high heat, combine all ingredients but the thickener (I use about 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder).
- When ingredients have simmered for about 5 minutes, sprinkle in the thickener and stir well; remove saucepan from heat and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 2-4 servings.
- If your store doesn't carry black soy beans you can order them at the Eden website (http://www. edenfoods. com/index. html); they're low in carbs and high in fiber, perfect for diabetic and lowcarb menus, and they taste great, to boot.
Thought this was very good. Sweet 'n Spicy is a good description. My husband really liked it as well and says it's definitely on the keepers list. Used regular canned black beans, my homemade hot salsa - 1/2 cup, didn't add the jalapeno peppers, 1/4tsp cayenne pepper, 1 clove garlic, didn't have lime juice so used lemon LOL, 1-1/2 soy sauce as eyes played tricks on me when looking at the amount in the recipe LOL, 1/2 Tbsp dried basil, and didn't have sherry so used homemade white wine - on the dry side. LOL Also put in 1/2tsp Cornstarch near the last. Very easy to make which is right up my alley. Will be making again.