These are so very tasty, nobody will notice they're lowcarb! I love 'em, and the hubby does, too. They're very simple to make, but full of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 396.89 g can black soybeans, drained
- 59.14-118.29 ml of your favorite spicy salsa, to taste
- 4.92 ml chopped pickled jalapeno pepper (optional)
- cayenne, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil or 14.79 ml cilantro, your preference
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 3 packet Splenda sugar substitute
- cornstarch or arrowroot (small amount of heat-activated thickener) (optional)
- 1In a saucepan over medium to high heat, combine all ingredients but the thickener (I use about 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder).
- 2When ingredients have simmered for about 5 minutes, sprinkle in the thickener and stir well; remove saucepan from heat and let the sauce thicken.
- 3Serve and enjoy!
- 4Makes 2-4 servings.
- 5If your store doesn't carry black soy beans you can order them at the Eden website (http://www. edenfoods. com/index. html); they're low in carbs and high in fiber, perfect for diabetic and lowcarb menus, and they taste great, to boot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet 'n Spicy Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.6
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 840.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 34.1 g