1 hr 25 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
These Drums are finger licking good. The flavor is in the barbeque sauce and like most homemade sauces, this one is tastier if used the following day. Allowing the flavors to blend overnight really enhances the flavor. I personally used 1 1/3 cups of the sauce on the drums, feel free to use as much or as little as you desire. Please note: prep time is the time required to make the BBQ Sauce, chilling time is not included.
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g chicken drumsticks
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil (Crisco)
- 236.59 ml sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, no seeds
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 22.18-29.58 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 118.29 ml ripe mango, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml Heinz ketchup
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 12.32 ml grated orange rind
- 1.23-2.46 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1BBQ Sauce: Place a large saucepan on medium-high heat, add the oil, when heated add the onions, shallots, green peppers and jalapeno; season with salt and black pepper, stir often until vegetables are soft and starting to brown.
- 2Next add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute before adding the remaining ingredients.
- 3Bring to a rapid boil, lower the heat and simmer, (uncovered) for 15 – 20 minutes, or to desired consistency.
- 4Pour sauce into a container, cool, cover and chill until ready to use, or let cool completely at room temperature before using.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, drain off any fat and cover the chicken with the pre-made bbq sauce and bake for 20 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N Spicy BBQ Drums
Serving Size: 1 (2490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1492.1
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 414.5 mg
- Sodium 2444.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 103.7 g
- Protein 102.2 g