1/1 Photo of Sweet N Sour Spicy Sausage
Put a twist on sweet 'n sour by using Chorizo and Italian Sausages. Guaranteed to take your taste buds on a flavorful rollercoaster ride! E-Z to make, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausages according to instructions. Set aside. (okay to let cool while making sauce).
- 2Parboil the bell peppers by rinsing them and then placing the wet peppers on a glass plate on high heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Once cool enough to handle, chop peppers into 1/2 in chunks.
- 4Slice the onion into rings. (Or chop).
- 5Heat oil in a Dutch oven, large skillet or large sauce pan.
- 6Add the peppers and onion and sauté until soft.
- 7Add the ketchup, sugar, pineapples and juice.
- 8Stir and bring mixture to boil.
- 9Turn heat down low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 10(NOTE: At first mixture will taste more like ketchup. As mixture continues to cook, it will taste more like traditional sweet 'n sour sauce. Patience is a must!).
- 11***NOTE: If sauce is still lacking sweet 'n sour flavor, add a little more pineapple juice and a little more brown sugar-- NOT TOO MUCH).
- 12Chop the sausages into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to sauce.
- 13Stir and cook for remaining 10 minutes. (NOTE: As sausage reheats, the flavors from the sausage will blend in with the sweet 'n sour sauce, giving it a unique taste.
- 14Serve over rice. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N Sour Spicy Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.2
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 1893.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 25.9 g