Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty recipe can prepared either on your stovetop or in the microwave, whichever you prefer.
Make and share this Sweet 'N' Sour Sauced Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 lb lean boneless pork
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small carrot, cut in coins
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 green onions, chopped/sliced (in large or small pieces, it's up to your preference)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- rice, hot cooked
- Place pork in a freezeable container, then partially freeze the meat (this makes it easier to slice thinly).
- Thinly slice into bite-size strips.
- Stovetop method, meat step: heat a skillet over high temperature, then add the cooking oil and sesame oil; saute the sliced pork, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Microwave method, meat step: preheat a 6 1/2-inch microwave browning dish on 100% power for 4 minutes; add the cooking oil and sesame oil to browning dish and swirl to coat the dish; add the sliced pork and microwave, covered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or till pork is no longer pink, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stovetop method, vegetable step: add the carrot, sliced green pepper, and green onions and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Microwave method, vegetable step: Stir in sliced carrot, green pepper strips and sliced green onion and microwave, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes more or till the vegetables are crisp-tender; drain off liquid.
- Stovetop method, sauce step: in a saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and ground ginger; heat over medium-high until thickened and bubbly, then add the pineapple and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute or until pineapple is heated through.
- Microwave method, sauce step: In a 2-cup measure stir together the brown sugar, and cornstarch; stir in the water, red wine vinegar, soy sauce and ground ginger; microwave, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds; stir in drained pineapple chunks and microwave, uncovered, on 100% power about 30 seconds more or till the pineapple is heated through.
- Toss the pineapple mixture with the pork mixture and serve with cooked rice.
- Note: I hope these instructions have been made clear for both methods! This was a recipe adoption, and I made changes to the instructions, hoping to make it a bit more understandable.
We also did this stove top. Very tasty dish. We added more pineapple, just because we love it. Will keep this one handy!
The whole family liked this dish. As a matter of preference, we prepared it stove top instead of using the microwave.
Delicious. A great way to use up leftover roast pork! We doubled up on the sauce as recommended by Bekah and the pineapple chunks because we like them. :-)