This tasty recipe can prepared either on your stovetop or in the microwave, whichever you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb lean boneless pork
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small carrot, cut in coins
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 green onions, chopped/sliced (in large or small pieces, it's up to your preference)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- rice, hot cooked
- 1Place pork in a freezeable container, then partially freeze the meat (this makes it easier to slice thinly).
- 2Thinly slice into bite-size strips.
- 3Stovetop method, meat step: heat a skillet over high temperature, then add the cooking oil and sesame oil; saute the sliced pork, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- 4Microwave method, meat step: preheat a 6 1/2-inch microwave browning dish on 100% power for 4 minutes; add the cooking oil and sesame oil to browning dish and swirl to coat the dish; add the sliced pork and microwave, covered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or till pork is no longer pink, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 5Stovetop method, vegetable step: add the carrot, sliced green pepper, and green onions and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Microwave method, vegetable step: Stir in sliced carrot, green pepper strips and sliced green onion and microwave, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes more or till the vegetables are crisp-tender; drain off liquid.
- 7Stovetop method, sauce step: in a saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and ground ginger; heat over medium-high until thickened and bubbly, then add the pineapple and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute or until pineapple is heated through.
- 8Microwave method, sauce step: In a 2-cup measure stir together the brown sugar, and cornstarch; stir in the water, red wine vinegar, soy sauce and ground ginger; microwave, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds; stir in drained pineapple chunks and microwave, uncovered, on 100% power about 30 seconds more or till the pineapple is heated through.
- 9Toss the pineapple mixture with the pork mixture and serve with cooked rice.
- 10Note: I hope these instructions have been made clear for both methods! This was a recipe adoption, and I made changes to the instructions, hoping to make it a bit more understandable.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet 'N' Sour Sauced Pork
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 232.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g