1/2 Photos of Sweet 'n Sour Sauce for Meatballs or Chicken
Sweet and tangy sauce for meatballs or chicken. I developed this recipe as a variation on my simple sweet and sour dipping sauce used in my Asian inspired Confetti Rolls recipe. Still very simple to make but a little more sophisticated with the addition of brown sugar, pineapple and green pepper. I hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Johnny's brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained (or chunks)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 small green pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1In medium saucepan stir together both sugars, cornstarch and seasoning salt. Mix well.
- 2Stir in pineapple, vinegar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat just enough to keep it at a low boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in Worcestershire and cherry juice.
- 4Add green pepper, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5For Meatballs: Pour sauce over your favorite cooked meatballs in casserole dish or in a pan on the stove and heat through.
- 6For Chicken: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 13x9x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Uncover the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet 'n Sour Sauce for Meatballs or Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 91.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice