1/2 Photos of Sweet N' Sour Pork Stir-Fry from Light & Tasty
A quick and low fat version of a favorite. This was taken from the Light and Tasty magazine. You can serve it with Uncle Ben's brown rice for an even healthier choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- hot cooked rice
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, brown sugar blend, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until blended; set aside.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry pork in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Stir in the carrots, onion mixture and reserved pineapple, heat through.
- 5Serve with rice if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N' Sour Pork Stir-Fry from Light & Tasty
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 562.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar