Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and low fat version of a favorite. This was taken from the Light and Tasty magazine. You can serve it with Uncle Ben's brown rice for an even healthier choice.
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, brown sugar blend, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry pork in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the carrots, onion mixture and reserved pineapple, heat through.
- Serve with rice if desired.
Have made this twice now and family has really enjoyed! Little changes, I cut carrot into match sticks and sauteed with the peppers and onions to caramelize instead of shedding it. I also add squirt of ketchup at the end, (about Tbl.) it kinda mellows the vinegar a little. Some crushed red pepper is also good on this, but I can only do this on mine, to hot for everyone else.
Wonderfu flavour! I made this from a leftover half of a huge boneless pork chop, so added it at the last just to heat up. Also had fresh juciy pineaple to use up and grated up some fresh ginger. Uesed chopped green onion, yellow sweet pepper and veggie spray instead of the canola oil. Just made enough for two. Turned out soooo delicious over brown rice!! Thanks so much for posting, I will be making this one again.
Great flavor...we will definitely have this again!