Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great condiment for when you are grilling hot dogs. This topping can be made ahead and reheated if necessary.
- 1 lb onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Coat 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until golden, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in water, ketchup, barbecue sauce and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
We used a nice sweet vidalia onion for this recipe and served it over grilled steaks for lunch today. Yummy and Oh-so-simple to make! Thanks Lainey, for another great recipe.
Very good taste! I served it over chicken and brown rice and it was a great compliment to an otherwise bland meal. I can't wait to try it on different dishes!
These were great and the perfect compliment to a hot dog. My boyfriend was skeptical because he says that nothing is better than raw onions on a dog but he ended up choosing these over the raw. I halved the recipe for the two of us and we had enough to slather a good layer on three hot dogs total. Thanks for posting!