Recipe by dojemi
This recipe is ultra simple and quick to prepare. I bit spicy, thanks to the Chili sauce. Two pounds of meat will yield approximately 60 appetizer-size mealballs. I have not included my meatball recipe below because I've never measured the ingredients. However, what I do is crush up some Ritz crackers, add two beaten eggs, salt, pepper, onion and/or garlic powers.....all to-taste. Whatever your favorite recipe is will work well here. If you're serving them as an entre', serve over (or with) wide egg noodles.
- 2 lbs ground beef (make meatballs using your favorite recipe, or- see my recipe ingredients in above description)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 8 ounces grape jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large add the chili sauce and heat on low flame.
- Add the jelly when sauce is warm enough to melt it.
- Make meatballs (any size your prefer) and add to sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce thickens (about 20 minutes).
- NOTE: Sauce will decrease as it cooks so if you're serving as an entre', and need extra for the noodles, double the chili and jelly.