Recipe by Rita1
My sister gave me this recipe a long time ago.This salad is so good that you won't want to stop eating it. I make it for my family and neighbors and usually end up with an empty bowl. Update:I DO NOT add the cup of sugar called for in the original recipe . It is sweet enough with just the sweetened condensed milk and still very "YUMMY."
Top Review by Cindy-in-the-Kitchen
This really is so good you want to eat the whole bowl! First off, it makes a lot of macaroni salad, so it's great to take to the church pot-luck or picnic. Like others, I omitted the 1 C. sugar and it was plenty sweet--but with that little bit of tang! I added grated cheese and grated carrot, as others suggest. This is a winner! I"m thinking the dressing would make a delicious fresh fruit salad dressing! Mmmmmm....
- 16 ounces uncooked macaroni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (13 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- chopped carrot, to add color
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, rinse and drain well---Let cool.
- combine sweetened condensed milk, mayonnaise,.
- vinegar, sugar and green pepper.
- Put macaroni in a large bowl.
- Pour above ingredients over macaroni.
- Mix well.
- Mixture will thicken in the refrigerator.