1/3 Photos of Sweet N Sour Crock Pot Pork
8 hrs 8 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Easiest ever! Great work day meal!! Throw it all in the crock pot and voila...super dinner. This smells soooo good cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs pork roast or 2 -3 lbs boneless pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle of le choy Chinese duck sauce
- 5 -6 mushrooms, sliced (or canned sliced mushrooms)
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half and then half again
- 1/4-1/3 cup dry white wine or 1/4-1/3 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- olive oil
- 1Salt and pepper and dredge roast(or ribs)in flour.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; and brown meat on all sides; remove to crock pot.
- 3Saute fresh mushroom and onions to soften. Do not over cook! Place mushrooms and onions in crock pot over meat.
- 4In small mixing bowl, combine duck sauce, wine/water, and red pepper flakes. Pour over meat and veggies.
- 5Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- 6Remove meat and cut into chunks. Thicken sauce if needed; return meat to sauce.
- 7Serve with rice or chow mein noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N Sour Crock Pot Pork
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 355.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 34.3 g