Easiest ever! Great work day meal!! Throw it all in the crock pot and voila...super dinner. This smells soooo good cooking!
- 2 -3 lbs pork roast or 2 -3 lbs boneless pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 (10 ounce) bottleof le choy Chinese duck sauce
- 5 -6 mushrooms, sliced (or canned sliced mushrooms)
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half and then half again
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper and dredge roast(or ribs)in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; and brown meat on all sides; remove to crock pot.
- Saute fresh mushroom and onions to soften. Do not over cook! Place mushrooms and onions in crock pot over meat.
- In small mixing bowl, combine duck sauce, wine/water, and red pepper flakes. Pour over meat and veggies.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove meat and cut into chunks. Thicken sauce if needed; return meat to sauce.
- Serve with rice or chow mein noodles.
I use sweet chili sauce instead of duck sauce, but this recipe is just what I was looking for! It was the hit of the pot-luck... and little did anyone know, it was so EASY!!!
I had a 5-lb boneless pork loin that I used so I doubled the recipe. This is so easy to make and the results are delicious. As written in step 6, I did add some cornstarch in cold water near the end to thicken the sauce a bit. Thanx for a great new and different slowcooker recipe!