Prep 6 mins
Cook 9 mins
I haven't tried this, but it sounds really great! From my Microwave cookbook.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Place cabbage in a medium glass casserole.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over cabbage.
- Cook, covered, in a microwave at HIGH for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Stir once during cooking.
This was something different from the usual cabbage. This combo of a fruit and vegetable recipe worked well. I used 2 cups of cabbage and 1/3 cup of vinegar. Also substituted the butter with cooking oil. Microwaved it on HIGH for 7 minutes, the cabbage was slightly crunchy! I loved that, had it for lunch:)
This was yummy! My only issue was how juicy it became after cooking. I will most likely experiment with the amounts of butter and vinegar the next time a make this recipe to see if less is better.