Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The sauce gives the brisket a nice sweet/sour flavor. Easy to make and a nice change for brisket. Serve over noodles.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the onion soup mix, water and the jellied cranberry sauce, mixing and smashing until mixed well.
- Put brisket in a roasting pan.
- Pour cranberry mixture over the brisket.
- Season with pepper.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours or until tender, stirring sauce once.
- Skim fat from sauce and serve with noodles.
Liked the sweetness of the sauce to go along with the brisket.
This combination made for lovely Sweet and Sour Brisket. I was more then surprised to find the combination of cranberries and onion soup mix could make brisket taste so good! I used coarsely ground pepper. Served over noodles had four of us all agreeing ... a five! Thank you for another Merlot winner.