Recipe by barefootmommawv
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. My family really likes it. I usually take them to potlucks, family reunions and church get togethers.
- 8 slices bacon, strips diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onions until tender.
- Add brown sugar, vingear, salt, mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- In a slow cooker, combine beans and peas. Add onion mixture and bacon; mix well. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through.