- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, rinsed and drained (or 3/4 lb. fresh in season- trim and steam to tender crisp)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced purple onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (we like dijon)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- celery leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine green beans and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, toss gently and set aside.
- Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small nonaluminum saucepan, place over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour over bean mixture, toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Garnish with a celery leaf, if desired.