Recipe by melody barton
This recipe has a wonderful flavor! The BBQ sauce is made with maple syrup which helps to cut the tangyiness of the BBQ sauce. This is one of my families favorites!
Top Review by Chef562524
I tried this today and it was wonderful. I used liquid hickory smoke also and left out the cooking oil in the sauce. We have dietary restrictions. We definitely will have it again.I put the onion under the chicken (skinless). Thank you!!!!!
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, skin side up, in baking pan.
- Pour water around chicken.
- Sprinkle with hickory smoked salt& pepper.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Mix ingredients for BBQ sauce.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken& bake 30 minutes longer, or until fork can be inserted easily into chicken.
- Makes 4 servings.