Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great sauce to add to ribs or pork butt for the last 20 minutes of cooking time (increase oven temperature to about 400 degrees). Lots of extra for those that like more sauce or give as a gift.
- 4 cups ketchup
- 4 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 4 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 30 minutes or until desired thickness. Store in clean, sterilized mason jars or let cool and store in refridgerator.
I made a partial amount of this to use in a couple of other recipes, one of them being recipe #396313 and another being recipe #140223. It worked out very well in both cases. After 30 minutes cooking it was quite thick. I did leave out the chipotles but might try again with them another time. Thanks for sharing!