This is a family favorite! I got it from the Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook. It is pretty easy to make and the left overs are just as good! I have made it both with the pork sausage and without (I like prefer it without) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup colby cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup green onion (thinly sliced) (optional)
- 1In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings.
- 2Cover and process until smooth;.
- 3Transfer to a sauce pan.
- 4Add oil; bring to a boil.
- 5Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Gradually add a small amount of hot tomato mixture to cream, stirring constantly.
- 8Return all to pan; set aside.
- 9In a skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink;.
- 11Stir in 2/3 cup of the tomato cream sauce.
- 12Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas.
- 13Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- 14Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- 15Bake, uncovered, at 350' for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 16Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 17Bake 10 minutes longer or until chesse is melted.
- 18Sprinkle with onions (if desired).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet 'n' Savory Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 753.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 32.1 g