Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favorite! I got it from the Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook. It is pretty easy to make and the left overs are just as good! I have made it both with the pork sausage and without (I like prefer it without) Enjoy!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup colby cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (thinly sliced) (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings.
- Cover and process until smooth;.
- Transfer to a sauce pan.
- Add oil; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add a small amount of hot tomato mixture to cream, stirring constantly.
- Return all to pan; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink;.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the tomato cream sauce.
- Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350' for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until chesse is melted.
- Sprinkle with onions (if desired).