Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Summer-sweet corn is wonderful grilled in its husk, then served with your choice of herbed butter or creamy cheese. Recipe is from Woman's World.
- 4 ears fresh corn, in husk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed fennel
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- rosemary sprig (optional)
- 0.5 (5 1/4 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- chopped sun-dried tomato (optional)
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking.
- Gently pull back husk from each ear of corn without detaching; remove silk.
- Replace husk strips, one piece at a time, over corn.
- Tie kitchen string around each ear to secure husks.
- Soak corn in cold water 15 minutes to prevent husks from burning on grill; drain well.
- Grill corn, covered, turning occasionally until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix butter, rosemary, fennel and pepper.
- If desired, garnish with rosemary sprig.
- In separate small bowl, mix cheese, sour cream and sun-dried tomatoes.
- If desired, garnish with additional sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve corn with toppings.
- No-grill cooking:.
- Remove husks from corn.
- In pot, bring 2 inches water to a boil.
- Add corn; cook until tender, 4 minutes.