Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great summer salad recipe that features great textures and tastes in every bite. It's loosely based on an old recipe of my dad's called vermont apple slaw.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (or bagged slaw mix)
- 1 Red Delicious apple, chopped & cored
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use canola mayo)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Combine cabbage, chopped apple, raisins, and walnuts.
- Whisk together the mayo, sugar, and vinegar.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve well-chilled.
Sweet and sassy spot on - I took the easy way out and used a slaw mix (red and green cabbage and carrot) and then added the other ingredients with the exception of the walnuts I used pencans but the final result was a lovely fresh and fullof flavour fresh slaw. Thank you
Rumdrinker25, made for I Recommend tagg game and recommended by lazyme.
I had the raisins sitting on the counter and totally missed them! Oh well, it lightened the sugar level a bit and the slaw was perfectly yummy any way, lol. I used a Gala apple with the skin left on, Splenda for the Tbsp of sugar and pecans. Really delicious salad. :D
I used part yogurt and part mayo for the dressing. I also toasted the walnuts and kept them separate until serving so they would stay crunchy. Very good! [Made for the All You Can Cook Buffet]