Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a recipe from my Mom that I found in the big box of recipes she just gave to me. It looks like it may have come out of Family Circle magazine but I'm not quite sure about that. I changed it a little to suit our tastes.
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (whatever type you like)
- 1⁄3 cup salted nuts, chopped (cashews or macadamias work well here)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine 2 T. jam, mustard, nuts and bread crumbs in small bowl to form a thick paste.
- Place flour in a plastic food bag; add chicken and shake around to coat chicken with flour; shake off excess. Spread remaining jam, about a teaspoon, on each breast half, on both sides. Place breasts flat in a baking dish. Spread with seasoned paste.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170° on instant-read thermometer. Increase oven temp to broil. Place chicken under broiler to crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.