1 hr 15 mins
Mrs Hubbard's Note:
I am not a curry fan. So here is another recipe I picked up on JustBeans.com which features legumes as the main ingredient. I find the taste of Mung beans to be appetizing and they are easy to work with (I don't mind the extra fiber from their skins). *soaking beans not included in prep time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak beans in water for 5 hours.
- 2Get rid of green skins, if any, that float to the surface; you might encourage then to come off by rubbing the beans between your hands (recipe allows 10 minutes of prep time for this step); drain.
- 3Rinse rice three times in water; drain.
- 4Put rice and beans in a pot.
- 5Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil for 1 minute; then lower the heat, and let simmer for 1 hours.
- 6Add sugar (the 6 T called for might not be enough for Western tastes).
- 7Stir, ladle into soup bowls, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Mung Beans & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: