Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
I read through the oatmeal recipes here, not finding quite what I was looking for and came up with this one. I had mixed nut topping for sundaes that I used, but they may make it too sweet for some. Plain or salted would work fine.
- 1⁄3 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄8 cup pure maple syrup, combined with
- 1⁄8 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- Combine oats hot water and maple syrup in 3 cup bowl.
- Cook on low power (I used 20%) for 9 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well, enjoy!
- You can also use other oatmeal, just follow the recipe on the box. I have used rough cut oats with great results.
I like how you can sneak the wheat germ in and not even taste it. I chose the option in step 5 of regular oatmeal. I also used half the maple syrup and double the nuts. This made a yummy breakfast, thanks!