Recipe by Chef ~Eileen~
I got this recipe from a co-worker years ago. It is a wonderful sweet snack that you just can't stop eating. I have to make it for my sister every Christmas. I make it without the peanut butter and peanuts only because I'm a chocolate lover. Can omit the peanuts and peanut butter and use whole package of chocolate chips.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 6 cups kellogg's Crispix cereal
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at HIGH for 1 minute; stir and heat an additional 30 seconds at HIGH or until melted.
- Stir in peanut butter and peanuts.
- Remove and gently stir in Crispix cereal into chocolate mixture, until well coated.
- Place confectioners' sugar in 2-gallon storage bag.
- Add coated cereal to sugar and close bag.
- Gently toss cereal mixture until well coated.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.