Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Have not tried this one yet.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- red glazed cherries
- green glazed cherries
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 9 ounces condensed mincemeat
- Grease and flour 10" fluted tube pan.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine apple juice and whipping cream; set aside.
- In large bowl, sugar, eggs, beat well; add flour mixture.
- In small bowl, stir crumbled mincemeat with 2 tbsp flour till coated.
- Fold into batter.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 45-50 minutes.
- Test with toothpick inserted near the center should come out clean or just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely.on wire rack.invert from pan after 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with candied cherries.
I don't often use condensed mincemeat as an ingredient, but had a couple of packages of it from the winter holidays & used some here! What I did leave out were the glazed cherries (didn't have them), as well as the topping of powdered sugar! What I did do was to serve it topped with a barely sweet cherry sauce I'd just made! That said, what I ended up with was A VERY NICE MINCE CAKE, & one I'd be happy to make again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement]