1/1 Photo of Sweet Milk Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
My DH told me a story about cookies that his Mom and Grandma used to make.... they don't really have a name, he calls them "Grandma" cookies! His Grandma called them Sweet Milk Cookies. Either way, they are just delicious. I have no idea where this recipe is from as DH had it scribbled on a piece of paper. Recipe is from about the 1930's to 1940's. **These are best when frosted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix all ingredients except flour together. Add enough flour to make the dough roll-able.
- 3Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4Roll dough out to approximately 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutter.
- 5Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. If you make a rolled cookie instead of a cutout may need to increase baking time.
- 6Allow to cool in cookie sheet 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Milk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (918 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g