1/1 Photo of Sweet Milk Balls (Gulab Jamun)
This is a very universal recipe as very easy to make and can be made for any occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for the sweet balls
- 1 cup thickened milk (khoya)
- 1 cup panir (chena or spoiled milk with lemon juice)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Ingredients for sugar syrup
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1To make khoya:.
- 2Take 2 and half cup of half-and-half in wok, and reduce it till the thickest consistency without turning brown.
- 3To make chena:.
- 4Take 2 and half cup of 1/2 and 1/2 milk and spoil it with lemon juice.
- 5Drain out the water and put the milk consistency in a cheese cloth and press it with some heavy weight so that all the remaining water comes out.
- 6It takes about 60 minutes.
- 7Now mix all the ingredients for the sweet balls.
- 8Make into small walnut size balls.
- 9On medium heat (NEVER ON HIGH HEAT) deep fry them like dark brown in colour.
- 10To make sugar syrup.
- 11Mix the water and sugar in a saucepan large enough to fit all the fried sweet balls.
- 12Boil the mix until the sugar dissolves and keep boiling for 5 minutes.
- 13Put the cardamom pods in the sugar syrup.
- 14Then slowly drop down the fried milk balls.
- 15Don't make mess by dropping much fried balls in smaller sauce pan.
- 16This is because after soaking the sugar syrup the milk balls expands.
- 17Boil it for 15 minutes on medium heat,all the milk balls will expand to double its size soaking the sugar syrup.
- 18Serve it when it comes to the room temperature.
- 19NOTE:-DO NOT USE WHOLE MILK OR SKIMMED MILK.
- 20ONLY USE Half-and-half MILK.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Milk Balls (Gulab Jamun)
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.5
- Calories from Fat 669
- Total Fat 74.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 427.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: