This is a very universal recipe as very easy to make and can be made for any occasion.
Make and share this Sweet Milk Balls (Gulab Jamun) recipe from Food.com.
Ingredients for the sweet balls
- 1 cup thickened milk (khoya)
- 1 cup panir (chena or spoiled milk with lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Ingredients for sugar syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 -3 cardamom pods
- 2 cups canola oil
- To make khoya:.
- Take 2 and half cup of half-and-half in wok, and reduce it till the thickest consistency without turning brown.
- To make chena:.
- Take 2 and half cup of 1/2 and 1/2 milk and spoil it with lemon juice.
- Drain out the water and put the milk consistency in a cheese cloth and press it with some heavy weight so that all the remaining water comes out.
- It takes about 60 minutes.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the sweet balls.
- Make into small walnut size balls.
- On medium heat (NEVER ON HIGH HEAT) deep fry them like dark brown in colour.
- To make sugar syrup.
- Mix the water and sugar in a saucepan large enough to fit all the fried sweet balls.
- Boil the mix until the sugar dissolves and keep boiling for 5 minutes.
- Put the cardamom pods in the sugar syrup.
- Then slowly drop down the fried milk balls.
- Don't make mess by dropping much fried balls in smaller sauce pan.
- This is because after soaking the sugar syrup the milk balls expands.
- Boil it for 15 minutes on medium heat,all the milk balls will expand to double its size soaking the sugar syrup.
- Serve it when it comes to the room temperature.
- NOTE:-DO NOT USE WHOLE MILK OR SKIMMED MILK.
- ONLY USE Half-and-half MILK.
Hi Sharda! your gulab jamun recipe is really great and easy. By the way i am a fellow indian with a very sweet tooth. looking forward to your famous chicken recipe u were talking about. bye