Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a very universal recipe as very easy to make and can be made for any occasion.
Ingredients for the sweet balls
- 1 cup thickened milk (khoya)
- 1 cup panir (chena or spoiled milk with lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Ingredients for sugar syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 -3 cardamom pods
- 2 cups canola oil
- To make khoya:.
- Take 2 and half cup of half-and-half in wok, and reduce it till the thickest consistency without turning brown.
- To make chena:.
- Take 2 and half cup of 1/2 and 1/2 milk and spoil it with lemon juice.
- Drain out the water and put the milk consistency in a cheese cloth and press it with some heavy weight so that all the remaining water comes out.
- It takes about 60 minutes.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the sweet balls.
- Make into small walnut size balls.
- On medium heat (NEVER ON HIGH HEAT) deep fry them like dark brown in colour.
- To make sugar syrup.
- Mix the water and sugar in a saucepan large enough to fit all the fried sweet balls.
- Boil the mix until the sugar dissolves and keep boiling for 5 minutes.
- Put the cardamom pods in the sugar syrup.
- Then slowly drop down the fried milk balls.
- Don't make mess by dropping much fried balls in smaller sauce pan.
- This is because after soaking the sugar syrup the milk balls expands.
- Boil it for 15 minutes on medium heat,all the milk balls will expand to double its size soaking the sugar syrup.
- Serve it when it comes to the room temperature.
- NOTE:-DO NOT USE WHOLE MILK OR SKIMMED MILK.
- ONLY USE Half-and-half MILK.
Hi Sharda! your gulab jamun recipe is really great and easy. By the way i am a fellow indian with a very sweet tooth. looking forward to your famous chicken recipe u were talking about. bye