Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and easy way to make a nut snack mix!
- 3 cups nuts (I use pecans and almounds)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Microwave first 3 ingredients uncovered 3 minutes on high, then stir to coat all the nuts.
- Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes then spread on waxed paper and sprinkle with remaining ingredients and let cool.
These were quick to make, but I followed the recipe and couldn't discern much of a flavor other than the flavor of the nuts. I used a combo of pecans/almond/walnuts. Maybe we're more of a stronger flavor kind of family! Made for Zaar Stars. UPDATE: After letting sit for a couple hours, the flavors seemed to have melded and gotten stronger. I had added a little sugar too. They tasted much better then!
These were really good and easy to make. I love things I can make in my microwave. My children really enjoyed these. I will be making them to snack on more often.
These were very tasty!! I love the cinnamon and nutmeg together! However, they weren't as crunchy as I would have like them so I put them in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes and it made them a little more crunchy to our liking. I served them at a party I had and everyone loved them. Thanks Anme!