Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A multi-purpose sweet spice mix redolent of flavors in Mexican cooking. I use this spice mix for, but not limited to flavoring coffee before brewing, in a mug of warm rice milk, all sorts of desserts such as brownies, cakes, cookies; baked squash, etc. Gives whatever you're cooking a dash of the exotic.
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon (or 1/2 cinnamon stick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or 1/4 teaspoon minced cardamom)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole jamaican allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in clean, dry mini-blender or coffee mill.
- Blend to a fine powder. Adjust amounts if necessary.
- Keep stored in airtight container.
This was nice in ! Arriba ! Baked Winter Squash Mexican-Style. I would like to try it other ways. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
Lovely blend of spices for baking squash - I used it with ! Arriba ! Baked Winter Squash Mexican-Style. Very pleasing flavor! I'll bet it would be lovely in warm milk too Thanks Cookgirl love the recipe