Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
For the Sweet Tooth
Make and share this Sweet Marie-Like Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup almonds
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a pot combine corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Stir on medium heat until sugar dissolves and the ingredients melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts and cereal.
- Grease a 8x8-inch pan and press mixture into bottom.
- TOPPING: Melt together ingredients and spread on top.
- Chill 2 hours.
I made this for my bookclub last night, and it was finished off by the end of the evening. The only change I would make to this would be to cut back on the corn syrup by half, it was really too sweet, and I would up the peanut butter by another 1/3 of a cup in the body of the recipe.
I had a coffee and dessert night recently and made this. It was the first dessert to go. Everyone seemed to like it.