Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This used to be a favourite way back in 1963, quick to make and faster to eat. I baked a lot for customers then and looking at my recipe today in the side column is break down prices. It cost 1 cent to make each bar or balls, I always got 8 dozen balls from a recipe., so it was a good filler for my boxes. This recipe was a request so thats why I am only now posting it, as I am sure everyone has this already in their family recipes, just maybe forgotten. Enjoy. Serving size on recipe is estimated as every one cuts these different.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup peanuts
- Place in a saucepot the peanut butter, corn syrup, and the brown sugar. Melt over low heat until sugar is dissolved well, and everything is smooth not grainy.
- Add in the combined cereals and peanuts, stirring and coating all well with the mixture.
- Press into a lightly greased lined pan, or roll into small logs. Cut into small bars while cooling.
- You can also dip your logs into melted chocolate if desired. Or make a topping of the following and spread over the bars before cutting.
- In a saucepot melt the ingredients until smooth, half cup butterscotch chipits, half a cup chocolate chipits and quarter of a cup of peanut butter, melt all well, then pour over the bars. Cut when cooled and set.