Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These bars are a version of Rice Krispie squares; chocolate-topped with a caramel-like flavour. Extremely easy and quick to make, quick to disappear.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix together peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Melt this mixture in the microwave, mix well.
- Add rice krispies and carefully mix until they are coated.
- Pat into 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over top of rice krispie mixture.
- Chill before cutting into bars.
This helped satisfy my sweet tooth. So easy to do with a lot of sweet flavour. This just might be a halloween treat for the neighbourhood kids!!