Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Simply chicken" we love honey and orange with our chicken. This is no exception to our rule! Great on the grill.
- 12 boneless chicken thighs or 12 chicken drumsticks or 6 chicken legs
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, juice and zest of, of
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- If using quarters par boil in water for 10 minutes.
- Slash skin on chicken 2-3 times and place in glass baking dish, do not use metal.
- Mix all other ingredients in bowl and pour over chicken in the pan.
- Toss to coat and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Cook chicken over hot grill for 20 minutes, basting with the marinade, turn often so as not to burn.
This was delicious! I loved the marinade flavors and the chicken came out very moist and tender. I did ned to cook it a bit longer (maybe 5-10 extra minutes) as my drumsticks were large. I also marinated much longer - probably about 3 hours. Thanks for a great supper!
This was "okay" as written. I made it using boneless thighs. We found it a bit sweet for our taste. This is quite easy to assemble and get cooking. Keep in mind because of the sugar content, the outside may burn if not carefully watched. I chose to heat my remaining marinade in a separate pot rather than base the chicken with it. Too much risk of contamination for my comfort level. It's worth a try if you like the flavor profile. I suggest adding a bit of heat to balance the sweetness. Thanks for posting.
This is fantastic. I've not found anyone who dislikes this marinade. Thank you for posting it, I had the recipe before and then managed to lose it.