Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've eaten both shrimp, salmon and chicken with this glaze on it both at Red Lobster and at home thanks to this recipe from the Red Lobster website. I really enjoy this glaze thanks to being so interchangable with so many different meats. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups real maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (light if available)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherry, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- Combine syrup, soy sauce, water and cherries in small sauce pot over medium heat.
- Squeeze juice from half lemon in mixture and stir well.
- Once mixture is heated, begin adding ¼ cup of sugar and stir until complete dissolved. Taste glaze for sweetness. As different maple syrups will have different levels of sweetness, it might be necessary to add additional sugar.
- Once glaze is sweet enough, remove from heat and refrigerate. When completely cool, cover and store chilled.
- Use at room temperature as glaze for grilled fresh fish.