Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing combination of mandarin oranges and cucumbers.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed salad dressing (or creamy cucumber salad dressing)
- Peel and slice cucumber in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds if desired, and slice into half-moon slices.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
What an easy and refreshing salad this is! I am very partial to the poppy seed dressing in recipe#32317, and I happened to have some on hand, so this salad was a real snap to make. I used an English cucumber so I did not peel it, nor remove the seeds. I served this with a rather spicy Thai chicken and loved the combination. Thanks for this recipe that will have many encores over the summer at my house.
Very good combination of flavors. It was a great side dish for our picnic. It couldn't be easier to throw together. Threw in some grapes cut in half as well. I will make this again.
Very easy and tasty, went great with our Asian dish for dinner. I used more cucumber and a little less oranges (they were packed in juice and NOT syrup!) I de-seeded the cucumbers as well. I did not have any dressing so I just made up my own... 2-3 tablespoons fat-free mayo, 1/2 tablespoon each vinegar and lemon juice, 2 packets Splenda, 1/2 tsp poppy seeds. Served over baby greens.